Welcome to the ACA Commercial Services website!
1. About Us
- If you have any questions about your personal information, please click on “Contact” and send feedback or email us.
2. Use of the Website and Content
3. Collection of Information
- When you access the Website via any means, use the Content, register or post notes or other material, respond to or participate in any survey or questionnaire sent to you by us, provide comments via the contact or feedback tabs of the Website, we may collect, store and use certain of your personal information in line with this policy. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website or the Content.
- To register or download Content or provide feedback on the Website, we ask for your name, organisation, telephone number and email address. As part of your profile you may also provide your location and other information that will help us to tailor our services to suit you. We may also ask you about your organisation, functional role or market sector in order to understand more about you (responding to these questions will always be optional, however). We will also store the results of your assessments relating to Content. If you make a purchase from us, our payment service provider will also collect and process your credit card or other payment details. If you contact us, we may also keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also collect data relating to your visits to the Website that cannot identify you but records your use of our Website and Content including, for example, details of how long you have used the Website, and what sections of Content.
- Finally, we may receive information about you from third parties (such as credit reference agencies) who are legally entitled to disclose that information.
4. Use of Your Information
- By accessing the Website via any means, using or downloading the Content, registering or posting notes, assignments or other material, providing comments via the feedback tab, or making a purchase via the Website, you agree that your personal information may be collected, stored, used and shared by us and our partners, course and content providers, or third parties we work with, for any of the following purposes:
- to provide, maintain, protect and improve the quality of the Website and the Content we offer, including by conducting anonymised market research, and to protect us and our users;
- to provide you with a personalised browsing experience when using the Website;
- to fulfil any contractual agreements between you and us;
- if you have paid to use our Services, to send you details of our other products and services which we think may interest you, unless you opt out as described at paragraph 9 below;
- to tailor our advertising on social media to your use of the Website;
- to allow you to use the full range of features on or via our Website;
- to send you specific email notifications and updates in relation to areas of Content you have accessed or downloaded;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and
- to contact you occasionally in order to invite you to share your opinions and experiences of ACA Commercial Services.
- We may use your email address to send you notices and updates about our Services. You can control your email preferences by sending us feedback via the “Contact” page or emailing us.
5. Storage of Information
- All information is stored on the secure servers of our website providers. When you register to download Content, we will either provide you with a password or ask you to choose a password which enables you to access the Content. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone unless specifically permitted by us in writing.
- In addition, we (or third parties acting on our behalf) may also store or process information that we collect about you in countries outside the European Economic Area, which may have lower standards of data protection. Specifically, servers used by our Website are located in the United Kingdom and our third party service providers operate around the world. We have put in place technical and organisational security measures to prevent the loss or unauthorised access of your personal information. However, whilst we have used our best efforts to ensure the security of your data, please be aware that we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet.
6. Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
- Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
- However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we have your consent to do so, (ii) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (including our evaluation of your application to access Content on the Website, and our consent of your access to Content by password), or (iii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
- If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences if you do not provide your information).
- Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
7. Disclosure of Your Information
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties when permitted by law including:
- with your consent;
- to our suppliers in order for them to help us provide our services to you, this includes:
- our provider of customer relationship management services (which allows us, for example, to send personalised email communications to you);
- our provider of file storage and management services if you email us directly; and
- our payment services provider (as discussed at paragraph 3.2 above) when you make a purchase to process your payment.
These suppliers’ use of your personal data may be subject to their own privacy policies, which are available on their websites, and which we suggest you familiarise yourself with in the relevant circumstances set out above.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
8. Data Retention
- We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
9. Your Rights
- You have the following data protection rights:
- You can edit your personal details held by us by contacting us by email (see “Contacting ACA Commercial Services” section below) or via the “Contact” page on the Website whenever you wish – in order to access, correct, delete or update your personal information on our systems. We will answer every email as promptly as possible. We maintain a procedure in order to help you confirm that your personal information held by us remains correct and up-to-date or choose whether or not you wish to receive material from us or some of our partners.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting ACA Commercial Services” heading below or via the “Contact” page on the Website.
- You may unsubscribe from certain email communications by following the Unsubscribe link in the email communication itself.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information on the basis of your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- If you have any privacy-related questions or unresolved problems, you may contact us using the information provided at paragraph 13 below.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
- The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
- We strongly believe in protecting the privacy of children. In line with this belief, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not provide personal information at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete personal information of persons under 13 years of age, which may prevent use of certain Services and parts of the Website.
- For more information about cookies, including further details as to what they are and how to refuse them, please see our Cookies Policy.
13. Contacting ACA Commercial Services
ACA Commercial Services Limited
FAO: Data Protection Officer
39 Middlefield Lane,
This page was last updated on 13 March 2018.